Remember this guy? Yeah, it’s the guy from the Dark Knight that figures out that Bruce Wayne might be Batman and gets owned by Morgan Freeman. He provides an interesting subplot for the film in that he nearly gets killed by a plot created by the Joker and is saved by Bruce Wayne in the process. He doesn’t seem all that important, but actually plays a relatively decent part in the evolution of the story in the second film. Of course, that’s where we believe his contribution to the Christopher Nolan’s trilogy ends.
Well here’s some food for thought-
1. Both Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale have explicitly stated that The Dark Knight Rises will be their last Batman film.
2. The original draft of The Dark Knight Rises script called for the Riddler character, and though Batman’s nemesis in this film has been changed to Bane, Christopher Nolan has not yet come out and explicitly stated that the Riddler does not make an appearance in this film.
3. The character shown in the image above is named Christopher Reese. No really, look it up in the credits.
4. As Christopher Reese is a man, he would typically be filed under the title of Mr.
5. Say the following out loud: Mr. Reese.
…yep. Mysteries. Coincidence?